Friday, August 12, 2011

Sometimes we need a hug

Our culture is so focused on movement and achievement, we often forget that the sweetest gifts we have been given are these bodies.

We have the ability to touch, to hold, to mirror and to hug.

When we hug someone, we connect our hearts to theirs. When we hug deeply, without the need to leave and with true affection, we remind the other and ourselves, through our physical connection, that we are both welcome and appreciated.

Sometimes, when words cannot express it's because they aren't supposed to be the medium of expression. I always feel when I cannot express myself through words, I often can through touch.

Hug someone today, it's good for both of you.

And for days when others aren't available, hug yourself, wrapping your arms around yourself like a little present. You ARE a gift, here's a hug from me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment